COOKING SCHOOLS IN FRANCE - GOURMET COOKING INGREDIENTS
Cooking Schools In France
- (Cooking school) A cooking school or culinary school is an institution devoted to education in the art and science of food preparation. It also awards degrees which indicate that a student has undergone a particular curriculum and therefore displays a certain level of competency.
- a republic in western Europe; the largest country wholly in Europe
- France ( or ; : ), officially the French Republic (Republique francaise, ), is a state in Western Europe with several overseas territories and islands located on other continents and in the Indian, Pacific, and Atlantic oceans.For more information, see .
- French writer of sophisticated novels and short stories (1844-1924)
- A country in western Europe, on the Atlantic Ocean; pop. 60,424,000; capital, Paris; official language, French
Le Cordon Bleu
This book, "The Sharpher Your Knife, the Less You Cry," by Kathleen Flinn, is an autobiographical tale of an American who goes to Le Cordon Bleu cooking school in Paris, France. I have learned an enormous amount of information from this book. Not just about cooking or cooking school, but also about living in a foreign country. When I first moved to Montreal from Boston, I was so worried about the whole "French" thing, but my situation doesn't even compare to Kathleen's! Thus, I chose this photo because this book helped me to learn all about the rigors of French cooking, and also about throwing yourself out there into a new culture.
Cooking Lecture: French - Gras-Double Saute a la Lyonnaise (Sauteed Beef Tripe Lyonnaise)
Did you know that a cow has 4 stomachs? To digest all that grass it needs to be passed through 4 stomachs. Although all 4 are usually eaten in Asian cuisine, Western cooking usually only uses the first two. (The last 2 have a very layered, flappy appearance which is why they are usually referred to as ''thousand layers'' in Japanese or ''hundred pages'' in Chinese).
Here the tripe has been sauteed until golden brown and combined with lots of onions, which is characteristic of cuisine in Lyon, France.
ceramic pots for cooking
spices for cooking fish
survival cooking gear
kids cooking party supplies
cooking conversions cups to grams
camping cooking set
vegetarian cooking courses